RESTAURANTS / BARS / CAFES
Highlands Master Builders is an expert in building and renovating bars, cafes and restaurants. Our team will analyze your business’s needs, wants, and branding requirements to understand the diverse complexities of your construction project. Then, together, we will come up with a solid game plan and order all materials before the project starts. This, in turn, will allow us to hit the ground running with no interference from material procurement and unexpected hitches in the plans.
When building a new space in the hospitality industry, such as a restaurant, bar or café, the single most important factor in any successful project is a carefully thought out plan. It requires the coordination of several rooms, each important in their own way. The atmosphere, decor and layout of your restaurant or bar plays an essential part in attracting clientele and retaining qualified staff.
Throughout the projects we have completed over the years in hospitality construction and renovation, our experts have developed a series of ideas to consider when effectively planning your bar/café/restaurant new build.
- Will your space have ample access for people with disabilities or for the elderly?
- What do you want your business’s exterior communicate? While the interior of your restaurant will be a primary factor influencing the experience customers will have as guests, the exterior of the building is what will attract new potential customers in the first place, and is therefore just as important. Make sure your brand image is well represented and that your exterior siding is inviting and appealing to those who don’t know your restaurant. Also, the tables, chairs, benches, counters, bars and all the elements that will ensure that the all these elements appear in unison.
- Maintaining a consistent design aesthetic from the dining area to the bathroom is important to keep the atmosphere and look of the rest of your restaurant on the same level. You can implement a classic style or a more stylish and unique style for the restaurant bathroom to instil a sense of luxury as part of the dining experience.
- Will you have a terrace and how do you handle inclement weather? We can show you multiple designs for retractable or permanent shelters to keep your clients happy!
- Consider a cool room and energy efficient refrigeration system to mitigate the cost of electricity.
- A custom kitchen storage room and pantry display can increase productivity, reduce the time it takes to prepare dishes and can be a great way to upsell customers.
- Lighting plays a huge part in creating the perfect ambiance for your guests. It’s also a great way for you to highlight your brand in a stylish and modern manner, giving your establishment that WOW factor!
Once the design phase has been signed off on and all materials have been ordered, we will set a project timeline, and everyone will know their role. The Highlands Master Builders business model is based upon the simple principles of Trust, Transparency, and Quality. Over the years we’ve become one of the most recommended and referred construction companies in Metro Vancouver. Our team will become an extension of your team, working throughout the design and construction phases in a clear and transparent manner, ensuring you always have the right information to make informed decisions that will best serve your business. With an unmitigated commitment to the satisfaction of our clientele, we provide a single source project delivery system that is tailored to our clients’ needs. We have select partnerships with specialized professionals, enabling us to provide you with high quality workmanship, controlled outcomes and competitive pricing.
Space efficiency, code specifications and overall durability are huge components when designing, building and/or renovating a bar/café/restaurant. We understand the challenges of all the city codes that regulate this industry. As with any other aspect of our business, we handle the procurement, stocking, storage of materials, and job site trash removal with nothing less than extreme professionalism. Our team understands that avoiding a long downtime is crucial, so having the job done right the first time is imperative!
At Highlands Master Builders, we work closely with our clients to ensure the most critical aspects of a project are met. In addition to a warranty period, we remain committed until the project is completed to their utmost satisfaction.
The budget and a reasonable time frame are stated in the contract, which is signed by all parties with copies provided before breaking ground or the start any project. Our goal is to get your project finished as quickly as possible and stay on budget so we can move on to the next job. Check with our references and you can see for yourself if it’s not due to nature or outside forces, we do what we say, when we say.
We are very blessed to say that over 50% of our customers come to us or are referred to us from customers we’ve performed for in the past. As you will see, there is a reason for such a loyal client base.
Project management takes cost out of the project. By managing the entire project and having good processes we are able to take inefficiencies and costs out of the project and avoid those unexpected surprises. Many clients have felt that they could have run their project without a project manager or general contractor, but the truth is that with our combined buying power and ability to complete the project quickly, it may be much cheaper to use our services than to try and do it on your own.
We had a great experience. The staff was very professional and always so polite. They kept their work space clean and tidy. We had regular walk-throughs with the Project Manager which was very helpful for us to keep everything organized, throughout the project. Whenever we had concerns or question, we were impressed at their communication and transparency. They were professional and timely when corresponding with us. I already recommend Highlands Master Builders to everyone I meet, with pleasure.
We have done many renovations in the past, but Highlands crew was outstanding. It is rare to find a construction company that has so much knowledge and experience and has the leadership to see a project through from the beginning to the end. They were always onsite, early in the morning. They were pleasant, polite and always cleaned up at the end of the day. We were actually sad when they left, as they were like family friends staying at our house!
If you want a great crew, outstanding workmanship, transparent and easy to understand billing this is THE company! We would hire Andrew and the guys back for another project any time. Thank you again for going the extra mile – we are very grateful.
We greatly appreciated your outstanding designs, your excellent advice, and your help in getting this project underway. Many, many thanks–I knew we would be in good hands with you. I have the feeling you treat all your clients this way and that’s why your reputation is so stellar.