RESTAURANTS / BARS / CAFES
Highlands Master Builders is an expert in building and renovating bars, cafes and restaurants. Our team will analyze your business’s needs, wants, and branding requirements to understand the diverse complexities of your construction project. Then, together, we will come up with a solid game plan and order all materials before the project starts. This, in turn, will allow us to hit the ground running with no interference from material procurement and unexpected hitches in the plans.
When building a new space in the hospitality industry, such as a restaurant, bar or café, the single most important factor in any successful project is a carefully thought out plan. It requires the coordination of several rooms, each important in their own way. The atmosphere, decor and layout of your restaurant or bar plays an essential part in attracting clientele and retaining qualified staff.
Throughout the projects we have completed over the years in hospitality construction and renovation, our experts have developed a series of ideas to consider when effectively planning your bar/café/restaurant new build.
- Will your space have ample access for people with disabilities or for the elderly?
- What do you want your business’s exterior communicate? While the interior of your restaurant will be a primary factor influencing the experience customers will have as guests, the exterior of the building is what will attract new potential customers in the first place, and is therefore just as important. Make sure your brand image is well represented and that your exterior siding is inviting and appealing to those who don’t know your restaurant. Also, the tables, chairs, benches, counters, bars and all the elements that will ensure that the all these elements appear in unison.
- Maintaining a consistent design aesthetic from the dining area to the bathroom is important to keep the atmosphere and look of the rest of your restaurant on the same level. You can implement a classic style or a more stylish and unique style for the restaurant bathroom to instil a sense of luxury as part of the dining experience.
- Will you have a terrace and how do you handle inclement weather? We can show you multiple designs for retractable or permanent shelters to keep your clients happy!
- Consider a cool room and energy efficient refrigeration system to mitigate the cost of electricity.
- A custom kitchen storage room and pantry display can increase productivity, reduce the time it takes to prepare dishes and can be a great way to upsell customers.
- Lighting plays a huge part in creating the perfect ambiance for your guests. It’s also a great way for you to highlight your brand in a stylish and modern manner, giving your establishment that WOW factor!
Once the design phase has been signed off on and all materials have been ordered, we will set a project timeline, and everyone will know their role. The Highlands Master Builders business model is based upon the simple principles of Trust, Transparency, and Quality. Over the years we’ve become one of the most recommended and referred construction companies in Metro Vancouver. Our team will become an extension of your team, working throughout the design and construction phases in a clear and transparent manner, ensuring you always have the right information to make informed decisions that will best serve your business. With an unmitigated commitment to the satisfaction of our clientele, we provide a single source project delivery system that is tailored to our clients’ needs. We have select partnerships with specialized professionals, enabling us to provide you with high quality workmanship, controlled outcomes and competitive pricing.
Space efficiency, code specifications and overall durability are huge components when designing, building and/or renovating a bar/café/restaurant. We understand the challenges of all the city codes that regulate this industry. As with any other aspect of our business, we handle the procurement, stocking, storage of materials, and job site trash removal with nothing less than extreme professionalism. Our team understands that avoiding a long downtime is crucial, so having the job done right the first time is imperative!
At Highlands Master Builders, we work closely with our clients to ensure the most critical aspects of a project are met. In addition to a warranty period, we remain committed until the project is completed to their utmost satisfaction.
The budget and a reasonable time frame are stated in the contract, which is signed by all parties with copies provided before breaking ground or the start any project. Our goal is to get your project finished as quickly as possible and stay on budget so we can move on to the next job. Check with our references and you can see for yourself if it’s not due to nature or outside forces, we do what we say, when we say.
We are very blessed to say that over 50% of our customers come to us or are referred to us from customers we’ve performed for in the past. As you will see, there is a reason for such a loyal client base.
Project management takes cost out of the project. By managing the entire project and having good processes we are able to take inefficiencies and costs out of the project and avoid those unexpected surprises. Many clients have felt that they could have run their project without a project manager or general contractor, but the truth is that with our combined buying power and ability to complete the project quickly, it may be much cheaper to use our services than to try and do it on your own.
I have worked with Highlands over the past several months. We started with small renovations throughout our showroom, and ended up doing a full renovation. Andrew was nothing by professional to work with. He and his team were timely in getting us our initial quote, and quick to respond to any changes we made going into the project. The project and construction team that Andrew provided were a pleasure to have on site. The whole team were very respectful to our staff and clients, and accommodating to the landlord when we needed to work different hours. The workmanship that Highlands completed was exactly what was promised and expected. If we needed any adjustments, they were done immediately, and with no complaints. I would highly recommend the Highlands team for commercial renovations.
Highlands just finished a major renovation on our main floor including the kitchen, bathrooms, flooring, wainscoting, tiling, and enclosing our deck . Andrew is exceptionally knowledgeable and helped us design the look that we wanted while teaching us how which materials to focus on and also talked us out of a few ideas that would have either wasted money or clashed with our design. Cameron, Colin, and the rest of the team are some of the nicest and most will spoken tradesmen we have ever had in our home .We looked forward to their arrival every day. Despite a few challenges and surprises along the way, the Highlands team always set clear expectations, and they followed through with everything. They showed respect for our home, our budget, and our family. We will definitely be hiring them again for our next project.
We had a great experience. The staff was very professional and always so polite. They kept their work space clean and tidy. We had regular walk-throughs with the Project Manager which was very helpful for us to keep everything organized, throughout the project. Whenever we had concerns or question, we were impressed at their communication and transparency. They were professional and timely when corresponding with us. I already recommend Highlands Master Builders to everyone I meet, with pleasure.