Our Response to COVID-19
As new information continues to be released, the Highlands team has been monitoring and responding to the situation surrounding COVID-19.
People are – and always will – be our greatest asset. and it is most important that we focus on the well-being of our staff, family, colleagues, clients and community. This is a rapidly changing situation that we are constantly monitoring. We will continue to update and revise our response and our plans as circumstances change.
Highlands has implemented additional health and safety measures and precautions to address COVID-19 specific exposure risks, including:
- Stresing that everyone follow the precautionary measures issued by local and federal government entities
- Ensuring that all work sites have alcohol-based sanitizer and wash stations
- Enforcing a ZERO TOLERANCE FOR WORKING SICK POLICY
- Requiring and enforcing social distancing
- Strengthened glove policy requirements
- Mandating additional PPE where construction activity doesn’t permit adequate social distancing
- Increased and enhanced cleaning and sanitizing of high touch surfaces, high traffic areas, tools and equipment
Changes in our daily operations:
- Although we are open and operating, our facility is closed to any and all Non-Highlands personnel until further notice. Our staff will be available via phone, email or virtual meetings.
While navigating through this fluid situation, we’ve been working hard to make sure our commitments are met and that our work is delivered efficiently without compromising our high standards. We’ve been working closely with our vendors, suppliers and manufacturing partners across the country to help facilitate timely deliveries, ensure quality and encourage safety.
As always, it is our primary goal that the expectations of our clients are met, which is why we have been doing everything we can to minimize disruptions to our millwork manufacturing and construction services. If you have any issues or concerns with projects that we are currently engaged in, please feel free to call or email. As developments unfold, we will continue to communicate about any impacts there may be on our current commitments as well as any other changes that could temporarily affect our service in the near future.
As the situation progresses, we offer our deepest thoughts and prayers to those who have been directly affected by COVID-19, to our government and leaders who are making crucial decisions, to the doctors and supporting medical staff that are risking their wellbeing for others and to everyone who will be making extremely tough decisions and sacrifices in the upcoming weeks and months.
Stay healthy and safe,
The Highlands Team